Re: Scroll Wheel Substitute

by IngeJones

Original Post

Scroll Wheel Substitute

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is there something else I can use instead of scroll wheel, like + or - ?  The only mouse I can use without hand pain is the logitech marble trackball and it doesn't come with a scroll wheel

NB this is for use with the new tools - eg making brush size smaller.

Message 1 of 10 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you tried x and z (well y for my Swiss German Keyboard)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,140 Views)

★ Guide

Just zooms in and out.  I am trying to make my terrain brush size smaller

Message 3 of 10 (1,133 Views)

Hero
Hm, now you're challanging me to stuff I never use but the scroll wheel doesn't achieve that for me either. Neither on Sims 4 or Sims 3 camera .. maybe @BryonyRae knows ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,126 Views)

I might be reading this wrong, but isn't this what you're looking for?

paint.png

Scrolling just zooms in and out.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 10 (1,120 Views)

★ Guide

According to videos and the gurus, we can get the brush down right as small as just one tile, which is smaller than we can pick from the UI tools, but only by this scroll-wheel technique.  Thanks though, that is the right area that I am talking about.

Message 6 of 10 (1,109 Views)

Could you maybe share one of those videos, maybe I can figure out the magic behind it. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 10 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Phantomlover1717 @IngeJones in my game, I am able to hold the shift key down while scrolling with the mouse wheel to select a smaller size area to work with.  I think this might be what you're looking for!  Oh, and you only have to hold SHIFT while you are selecting the size; once you have it, it stays that way until you change it.

Message 8 of 10 (1,075 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, as stated in my top post, I don't have a wheel on my mouse, that's why I was hoping there was a keyboard alternative.

Message 9 of 10 (1,052 Views)

★ Guide

Has this been noted by any EA persons?

Message 10 of 10 (1,001 Views)