Re: Script mods not working

by metalfenix_Raf

Original Post

Script mods not working

★ Novice

I downloaded a few script mods. I can't get any of them to work. At least some of them are showing up in the list when I first open the game but when I load a game it doesn't work. I have scrip mods enabled, I removed all other cc and mods and have been trying them one at a time. I've tried unzipping the zip files and leaveing it zipped. I'm putting them in the mods folder, not the packages folder. I don't know what else to do

Message 1 of 7 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Check if they are outdated mods, months ago most script mods stopped working because some python update on one of the game's patches. Also, some script mods does not work if you put them on a folder on mods (for example: Mods\scripts\), so you can try and put them directly on mods folder.

Message 2 of 7 (781 Views)

★ Novice

They are up to date. I know if some people still using them. I put them directly into the mods folder

Message 3 of 7 (736 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They do go in the mods folder. You also say that they are listed when you start the game so you know they are recognized by the game. For help on using them in game you should contact the author.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (733 Views)

★ Novice

Just a tip, for script mods, some are larger files that must be unpacked and all the contents put into the mod file. Mabe this is the issue

Message 5 of 7 (717 Views)

★ Novice
I tried that with some of them. If I did it that way, they wouldn't even show up in the list at the beginning.
Message 6 of 7 (702 Views)

Hero

Hi @ashgrace1998 

could you be more specific which mods are not working ? Some of them might be outdated and hence they just no longer work.

You can name mods here as long as they don't raise the rating but not link to them.

Do you have any script mods that do work ?

A screenshot of your mods folder might also be helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (678 Views)