Re: Script call failed.

by ZephaniaLavoie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Script call failed.

★ Novice

This has been an issue for months now. Certain CC items I try to place keep giving me the "Script call failed" message. I've noticed it's usually with kitchen counters but not the matching cupboards from the same set. Also a few select sofas, dining tables and beds are giving me the same message too. Please help. Does it have something to do with the updates? Why hasn't this been corrected yet? I know I'm not the only one with this issue. Please help.

Message 1 of 4 (33,935 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@ZephaniaLavoie

Yes, it has something to do with the updates. When new content and such is added to the game,  the code behind the game changes. Therefore, sometimes after updates, the code in cc/mods does no matches the one in the game. This can cause "script call failed". 

Why this has not been fixed is because you have not fixed it. EA/Maxis does not fix mods, you either have to update them yourself or go to the place you found them and see if the creator has updated it Standard smile

The easiest thing to do is this:

• Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
    The one you need is possibly the Cats&Dogs batch fix.

Sims 4 Studio is a third party program, and just like cc, downloaded at your own risk.

Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (34,349 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@ZephaniaLavoie

Yes, it has something to do with the updates. When new content and such is added to the game,  the code behind the game changes. Therefore, sometimes after updates, the code in cc/mods does no matches the one in the game. This can cause "script call failed". 

Why this has not been fixed is because you have not fixed it. EA/Maxis does not fix mods, you either have to update them yourself or go to the place you found them and see if the creator has updated it Standard smile

The easiest thing to do is this:

• Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
    The one you need is possibly the Cats&Dogs batch fix.

Sims 4 Studio is a third party program, and just like cc, downloaded at your own risk.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4 (34,350 Views)

★ Novice

This really seemed to do the trick! (For now, until another update messes things up again lol) Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 4 (33,813 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ZephaniaLavoie

No problems!
There are a few sites that make lists of broken mods after each bigger update (expansion or game pack), so you should check those out after the updates to make sure! Standard smile 
The Sims Official Forums has one, here's the latest one, I recommend you to check the forum for a new one next time if you have many mods Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (33,806 Views)