'Script call failed' with cc Dressers + dining tables + kitchen counters

by molveena

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Script call failed' with cc Dressers + dining tables + kitchen counters

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been having some issues with some CC i downloaded. Basically since I've downloaded the Christmas Pack from Origin a lot of my CC doesnt work and instead when I try to place them it gives me the 'Script call failed' mistake.

I've already tried any batches I found with TSR Workshop, The Sims studio, and even tried ModConflictDetector. Nothing.

It's always the same object and even if I disable them or take them out of the folder this keeps happening. What do I do?

Thank you very much.

Malvina

Message 1 of 27 (18,302 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Script call failed' with cc Dressers + dining tables + kitchen counters

Hero

Yesterday's patch broke a lot of stuff with surfaces.

Not sure what the current status is or if there's a batch fix out yet but guess you'll just have to wait until they are fixed and remove in th meantime 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 27 (31,585 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Remove all CC and Mods. Does it then work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 27 (18,120 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @molveena

Unsure what you mean at the end, do the cc still show up when you have removed them from the folder?

Did you do anything else? The update that came with the Cats&Dogs-pack broke a lot of mods (even if you don't have the pack). Have you updated The Sims Studio and done the latest batch fixes? Standard smile

Message 3 of 27 (18,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since the problem is with CC I am removing it in batches to see if the abovementioned CC objects have the same problem. So far it's been useless, but removing all CC would be pointless as the game itself has not been affected

Message 4 of 27 (18,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

CC does show up in Build mode, of course it doesn't when I remove it from Mods folder. Still, I am struggling to find the 'corrupted' CC, what if the problem is not with packages but with the update? Do I just wait for artists to update their CC and thenr download it all again???? that's mental!

I think when I downloaded this damn Christmas pack the game updated, as I read an update just came out yesteday!

I did all of the batch fixes I would find Frown I don't know what else to do!

Message 5 of 27 (18,106 Views)

Hero

Yesterday's patch broke a lot of stuff with surfaces.

Not sure what the current status is or if there's a batch fix out yet but guess you'll just have to wait until they are fixed and remove in th meantime 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (31,586 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I am quite pissed off about this patch as well. It's ruined a lot of my downloaded mods. Not playing it unless they fix the damned thing, and it's ridiculous to ask paying customers to delete all their mods for their sake. The game seemed fine before the patch, don't understand the need for pointless updates, especially when it ruins what we worked so hard to create in-game.

Message 7 of 27 (17,943 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MimiKiwii

The Sims 4 Studio has updated their "Cats & Dogs"-batch fix to include a surface fix for the new patch Standard smile

(You need to re-download S4S)

Message 8 of 27 (17,913 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MimiKiwii

The patch fixed some issues with the game. Read the patch notes to see what.

EA doesn't make Mods/CC or support them. So it is up to the makers to update them as the game is updated.

It is up to you if you want to play with Mods/CC to make sure you get the latest versions whenever there is a change.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 27 (17,877 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree! We are non stop having patches that are messing up our games. And whenever I use sims 4 studio it messes up my cc! But we were fine without this patch. So I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out until a new patch comes out fixing it! I'm really disappointed with all this cause the game was perfectly fine beforehand. Thanks for listening Standard smile

Message 10 of 27 (17,555 Views)