Re: ‘Script call failed’ even on base game items

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

‘Script call failed’ even on base game items

★★★★★ Apprentice

So idk what’s going on but i’m getting the script call failed error on a lot of furniture, particularly dressers and trash cans. I’m sure there are other items but I forgot which, but basically it effects CC and base game and the item just disappears. It’s so annoying and idk what to do. Please help lol.

Message 1 of 7 (77,394 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ayseavan03

Try to remove all your mods/cc and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Broken cc might affect the base game item it uses.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc. This is generally the easiest thing with broken cc like yours. No promise that I'll work though.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 7 (77,343 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I disabled mods and tried it and there’s still the problem. I’ve tried to batch fix it but there currently isn’t one that works. I don’t really know what to do lol

Message 3 of 7 (77,337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ayseavan03

Not just disable, remove the whole folder. Also with the folder removed, delete localthumbnail.package from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\, and repair your game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Message 4 of 7 (77,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I removed my CC that I knew was broken, but it still says 'Script Call Failed'. This is happening with every item I'm trying to place. I haven't played Sims for a month or so since just a day or two ago, and it was working fine before then. Are there any patches that have occured in the last month or two; maybe three, that I'm not aware of? How might I fix items for this certain patch?

Edit: This issue is also stopping my games from saving, so even if I play a household that already has a house, it will not let me save the game.

Message 5 of 7 (76,299 Views)

★★ Pro

@ZayaMoone

Since you moved your mods folder out, did you delete the game cache and the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting.

How to Delete Cache Files - https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Launch the game again and try a new save to test - without the mods folder. If it loads and plays okay, it may be that some of the mods/cc have become outdated.

Testing like this will help determine if it's a mod issue, cc issue or a vanilla game issue. - Disabling or turning off both mod/cc options isn't enough of a test.

There has been a couple/few game updates since you last played, so it may be a good idea to go through your mods folder to see what needs to be updated or deleted.

To fix mods and custom content try the 50/50 method:

1. Move all the mods and cc out into a temporary folder on the desktop.
2. Move a few files back at a time. Load the game to make sure it loads and everything is good.
3. Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 till there is no more files to check.

** While your testing, don't save the game. If you find any problems, delete the mod or custom content file.

How To Find Problem Mods and CC -http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Message 6 of 7 (76,287 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, I will try that, thanks!

Message 7 of 7 (76,270 Views)