Re: Script Mods damaged game

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Script Mods damaged game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Info: I have a MacBook and I own the city living pack. This was my first time using a script mod. If there is any other info you need please ask.

Yesterday, I downloaded the UI script mod off a reliable website (<Removed Mod link. Please don't link third party mods/cc as it's against AHQ TOS. Just name them>). I put it in the mods folder and when I opened my game it didn’t seem to recognise that I had downloaded it. I messed around with the file a bit (took it out of a folder for organising, and I also ticked the box next to script mods). My game was fine at this stage. Then I double clicked one of the zip files and it turned into a box with green writing that spelt out exec in it (shown below). I was so desperate to get the mod to work that I thought what I had done might finally work but it damaged my game. And badly.

this is what the file looked like

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 8.19.34 am.png

This is a screenshot of my screen in live mode (below). The bottom controls bit is gone and when I click to interact with anything (including the menu at the top right) it doesn’t respond. The only thing that I can do is change the view. I also can’t exit the game via the menu because the menu is frozen, so I have to restart my computer every time I open sims. The main menu to sims (like the loading screen) is fine and so is the map, but as soon as I go into live mode the game is damaged.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 7.28.49 pm.png

I have tried a lot of different methods. I have restarted my laptop (Mac) about 5 times, and sill no difference. Through origin, I repaired the game but it didn’t change anything. I have also deleted all of my cc files and the script mod that ruined the game. I have unticked the box next to script mods in game options in the menu in Sims 4. My last three options are these: uninstall and reinstall the game (which I am happy to do), see a tech guy that gets rid of viruses, and write this forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I only downloaded sims a few months ago and I don’t want the experience to end so quickly. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (2,914 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @abohemiianllama

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (3,106 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @abohemiianllama

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (3,107 Views)