Script Call Failed - No BB Mode CC

by TrashCanSystem

Original Post

Script Call Failed - No BB Mode CC

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Stuff Pack, Movie Night stuff pack, City Living, Get To Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not place any objects in BB mode. keep getting the 'scrip call failed' error
What do you expect to see? I should be able to place items onto a residential lot like normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after patch on 6/22/18 (version 1.44.77.1220)

After the patch/update was added last night around 2am (EST) I couldn't access any of my save files on my game. I was stuck in an eternal load screen when trying to access live mode or Build/buy mode. I then uninstalled any script mods I had, and that fixed the eternal load screen but now I can't place down any items in Build/Buy mode. I keep getting a "script call failed" error whenever i attempt to place anything down. I do currently use CC, but it's only CAS cc such as clothing, hair, or accessories. I also have installed the MCCC script mod, and MoxieMason's NoMosaiac mod. 

Message 1 of 6 (632 Views)

Re: Script Call Failed - No BB Mode CC

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please remove all your custom content/mods.

All issues reported in the bug forum must be tested on vanilla games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (599 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (565 Views)

★★ Pro

If I may add on to what Crinrict mentioned -

After removing your mods, clear your game cache and clear your game cache and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help with troubleshooting. Try playing the game again to test, to make sure the game loads and plays okay.

How to Delete Cache Files
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Clearing cache may be a little different on a Mac, but still should be found in the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder.

Message 4 of 6 (556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem but on Windows

Message 5 of 6 (522 Views)

Hero

Hi @Schloddde

did you try @172e3cda00349872 suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (507 Views)