Screenshots/Vids not saving

by FuzzeePumpkin

Original Post

Re: Screenshot Not Saving Since Update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ginovasims was a new folder created for you ? If so, could you post a screenshot of which folders were created ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 27 (474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I just looked and a new Screenshots folder was created, but there is nothing in there at all, it's completely empty. This is an improvement on last night though as when I tried this no new folder was created then. I have a mods folder but it's completely empty as I took them all out. There's also a lot of random text documents at the bottom because I don't know what I can remove and what needs to stay!

Message 22 of 27 (471 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ginovasims OK. Looks like the folders are correctly created but then they are somehow locked.

What are you using Avast or AVG ?

Maybe the folder itself needs to be added but as I'm not using either, I'm not sure how it works.

Is there some kind of Log in AVG where you can check what's getting blocked ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 27 (465 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had been using AVG but I'm uninstalling that and installing Avast instead. I've had issues with AVG in the past so I'd rather get rid of it and see if that's part of the issue. I'll try everything you suggested with Avast and see if that works!

Message 24 of 27 (455 Views)

Hero
@ginovasims Let me know how that goes. It's a bit hard for me as I don't use either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 27 (453 Views)

★★★★ Novice

AVG must have been the issue because now I have Avast it all works. Thank you so much for your help!!

Message 26 of 27 (446 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Since the steps provided in this thread seem to have solved the issue, I'm closing it.

For those who found this thread because they're experiencing these problems: check out this great guide, Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods...), where you can find all the helpful steps put together in one place for your convenience. Standard smile 

Cheers and happy Simming! 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 27 of 27 (435 Views)