Screen has glitchy spots

by yhuntresse

Original Post

Screen has glitchy spots

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.777.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the kits and the star wars pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just turn on the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? It makes the graphics glitchy-looking. Especially the traits section in CAS, the buttons to exit, or to show options.
What do you expect to see? None of the glitches, a regular screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest one for July 20th.

To be more specific, I get this graphic glitch even when I have script mods turned off. Heck, it first appeared when the game shut off my mods to download the updates and expansion pack. Here's what I'm talking about...

2021-07-24.png

And worse yet, when I check on my Other Households tab, I can only go down a certain amount until I hit this.
2021-07-24 (2).png

Message 1 of 3 (210 Views)

Re: Screen has glitchy spots

★★★ Pro

@yhuntresse Remove your mods completely and you'll have to repair your game in origin go into origin click on my game library and right click on the sims 4 and select repair see if that helps ive seen someone on twitter say it was a outdated mod and they have the same glitches on the screen as you sometimes it isn't enough to just turn them off you will have to check if the creator have updated the mods you are using.

Message 2 of 3 (184 Views)

Re: Screen has glitchy spots

★★★★★ Novice

I updated a mod of mine and now everything is fine. the only problem is that the game created a bunch of copies of Other Household characters and now I have to manually delete all of them.

Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)