Re: Screen flickering and glitching

by roberta591

Original Post

Screen flickering and glitching

★★ Novice

Hi! this is the first time I've posted so I'm sorry if its not in the correct forum. I play PC and I've never had an issue with crashing or lagging until the 11/10/2020 patch and since then and the subsequent updates that followed, the game unfortunately has been unplayable. Every time I launch the game the screen flickers/glitches aggressively and slows down to a point where it eventually crashes. I am able to play my households but again it will flicker and glitch until it crashes at a random point. 

So far I've tried:

-Removing all mods and cc

-Updating drivers

-Deleting the game and reinstalling it

-Repairing the game

-Scans on the windows system files

etc.

-changing the graphics settings in game

Nothing has been able to help so far. I'm hoping its a simple fix that I'm just missing.

I've also attached a screenshot of what the glitching looks like.

Message 1 of 6 (1,553 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@meelzyy First you need to post your computer's dxdiag. How to get dxdiag how to get dxdiag Then attach the created text (.txt) file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forum response window.  thank you

Message 2 of 6 (1,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@roberta591 

Hi! Sorry, I've attached it now

Message 3 of 6 (1,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@meelzyy   First thing you need to do is make sure the game is using the Nvidia GeForce MX130 graphics chip and update the Nvidia driver.

add:  You should check to see if there are any Windows 10 updates. You may be able to get the video driver when you check the Windows 10 update and see if there are any optional updates. Do you get this only in this game?

Message 4 of 6 (1,479 Views)

★★ Novice

@roberta591 

Hi! I updated the Nvidia driver to the latest one along with Windows 10 and made sure the game was using the MX130 graphics chip. I also checked any optional Windows updates and installed them. 

Unfortunately the problem is still occurring but its only when I play Sims 4, even on the lowest graphic settings. The laptop works fine otherwise and I tested other games via origin which run smoothly.

Message 5 of 6 (1,451 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did you change any memory (like upgrade the M2 ssd drive? The motherboard is supposed to have 4Gb of ram so the socket should be empty. It looks like video vram problems. The Intel 620 should run the game. See if you can change which video chip the game uses and see if that help.

Message 6 of 6 (1,441 Views)