Re: Screen brightness keeps dimming while playing in fullscreen. Help!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Screen brightness keeps dimming while playing in fullscreen. Help!

★ Novice

Just now I decided to start The Sims 4 after not playing it since Jan. 30, 2019. However every time I start the game in fullscreen or windowed fullscreen my screen dims to 0% and I can't use my keyboard to adjust it. But the rest of the game plays just fine and I don't have the brightness problems when I'm playing windowed.

Also when I leave the fullscreen game but keep the window open the screen brightness is normal again. But if I go back to the fullscreen window the screen dims again.

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Message 1 of 6 (3,375 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Some screens have an autodimming feature that can be turned off. Check the manual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (3,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Didn't help. Also I never had the auto-brightness on.

Message 3 of 6 (3,326 Views)

Champion (Retired)

See if these suggestions help: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15902876#Comment_15902876

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (3,296 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issue starting last night and I ended up turning off my laptop optimizing option in settings to fix it because nothing else worked. Now it works fine and with the new updates I have even been able to up my rendering settings as well.

Message 5 of 6 (786 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Since this thread was inactive for a couple years, I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting per the AHQ Rules & Guidelines

If you need a hand with a similar problem please feel free to start a new thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (761 Views)