Re: Scientist Careeer Promote Cheat Won't Work & Can't Finish Tasks

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Scientist Careeer Promote Cheat Won't Work & Can't Finish Tasks

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Last updated April 19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Get Together, Seasons, Strangerville, Parenthood, Laundry Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to promote a scientist in the scientist career using the careers.promote scientist cheat, and nothing happens. Also, when my scientist performs a task it doesn't count as being complete no matter how many times I have her complete it. The bar never increases, and she ends up getting no pay for the day.
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to promote a scientist in the scientist career using the careers.promote scientist cheat, and nothing happens. Also, when my scientist performs a task it doesn't count as being complete no matter how many times I have her complete it. The bar never increases, and she ends up getting no pay for the day.
What do you expect to see? Try to promote a scientist in the scientist career using the careers.promote scientist cheat, and nothing happens. Also, when my scientist performs a task it doesn't count as being complete no matter how many times I have her complete it. The bar never increases, and she ends up getting no pay for the day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. April 19th update /patch

Try to promote a scientist in the scientist career using the careers.promote scientist cheat, and nothing happens. Also, when my scientist performs a task it doesn't count as being complete no matter how many times I have her complete it. The bar never increases, and she ends up getting no pay for the day.

Message 1 of 5 (5,223 Views)

Hero

Hi @EricaDenice 

you need to use

• careers.promote adult_active_scientist

now. Since StrangerVille scientist isn't unique anymore.

As for the stuck performance. Try moving the Sim out and back in to see if it then works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (5,208 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info @EricaDenice 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (5,181 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much for this it’s sept 2020 and I had this problem. And the code works ! Thanks
Message 4 of 5 (3,228 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager
Wonderful @nelleb40! Thanks for letting us know. Standard smile Please consider giving the post that helped some XP as kudos. I'll close this thread in the meantime. Thanks.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (3,208 Views)