by iiCozyAnja

Original Post

Scientific Career: Robot Doesn't Queue Up Inventing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4 Get to Work
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By going into the scientific career, try inventing the simray, it doesn't queue up, try inventing momentum conserver works. then go up more into the career till you can build the cloning machine, the cloning machine doesn't queue up, and the hover lamp can. and the sim wouldn't do anything either, he can only invent momentum conserver and hoverlamp and satellite, also he has all the metals and crystals needed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to go and invent certain machines, some of them just won't queue up the interactions, the cloning machine and the simray won't queue up. it only happened 17 november, or at least thats when i played and started the bug.
What do you expect to see? for the interaction to queue up and make the sim invent the machines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it was working earlier till today, but i didn't have to build the simray or the cloning machine yesterday so idk when it had started doing it, my guess is possibly right after the patch, because it worked fine before the patch.

i've also refreshed the sims 4 folder and repaired to no avail. and no i don;t think that uninstalling it would actually work tbh

here's the video:

https://youtu.be/a5eZl4df4qA

Message 1 of 5 (560 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] Scientific Career: Robot Doesn't Queue Up Inventing

Hero
Thanks for the report.

I'll check if I can duplicate

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (536 Views)

Re: [GTW] Scientific Career: Robot Doesn't Queue Up Inventing

Hero

Hi @iiCozyAnja

I tested this in my own game and didn't have any issues queuing the SimRay.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder or send me just the faulty save and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Here's instructions on how to find the right save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M69068

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (490 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
actually i fixed it going to a new save
Message 4 of 5 (477 Views)

Hero

Hi @iiCozyAnja

moving this to tech as it only happened on one save.

Unfortunately I don't have the capacity to troubleshoot that save with you right now but it could be some kind of corruption.

Have you tried replacing the machine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (459 Views)