Re: Scaling/resizing objects does not work, possibly due to keyboard not having

by fanney759

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have tried every combination I could find on the internet bu nothing works for me when it comes to scaling stuff down. I have a swedish keyboard and a mac computer. The Å works for scaling stuff up but I get so jealous watching other simmers scaling stuff down to fit the room. I have tried switching to other kayboardsettings (Brittish, US, US international) but nothing happens. Am I suppose to change the settings inside the game somewhere? What am I doing wrong?

Message 21 of 42 (3,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

On PC it is the key just above right of Å that scales things down.

If that is not the case on Mac then I suggest you ask in the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 42 (3,316 Views)

★ Novice

Saaaame, i don't have a swedish keyboard but just a normal english or dutch one(they are the same). Usually ] worked, it worked yesterday after i downloaded the patch, but now it just doesnt work anymore..

Message 23 of 42 (3,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is preeetty old post I wanted to share a relusion too! Tried the Shift + Å and it works. I figured out the scale down command by trail and error, It's Shift + the button on the right side of ?.

Message 24 of 42 (3,264 Views)

★ Novice

Dosen't work for me.. I use a MacBook Pro and I have a Nordic/Danish keyboard. I have tried everything, and at still dosen't work.. D-:

Message 25 of 42 (3,226 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You should ask in the Sims Mac forum what keys are used there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 26 of 42 (3,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so to size a object with U.S. keyboard you do shift and ']' at the same time ya'll

Message 27 of 42 (3,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

BUT WHAT IF IT IS A DANISH MACBOOK AIR???

@CMeki wrote:

Now that sizing down is possible, and there was not a option for this on a Nordic keyboard before (we had to undo the changes with ctrl-z to resize them), I'' just post for whoever want's to know in the future, that to make objects smaller you use ctrl-´ , the button on the left to backspace.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Nordic keyboard object resizing

1. Sizing up: Ctrl-Å

2. Sizing down: Crtl-´

Happy simming!

Message 28 of 42 (3,110 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Same keys as are used in Windows except that ctrl is not needed.

Message 29 of 42 (3,105 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried that and it doesn't work so I decided to play around and try few different keys on my that's Icelandic (even though I have set it as English) and found out that Ð makes it smaller and ? bigger you don't have to hold shift down just grab the object. I let a picture of my keyboard follow. 

Message 30 of 42 (2,882 Views)