Saving and traveling won’t stop loading

by Abrilcamps

Original Post

Saving and traveling won’t stop loading

★★ Novice

After the Island Living pack, whenever I try to save or travel, the loading screen will go on forever, for hours and even days and nothing ever happens. The game gets stuck there, the music still sounds and the loading animation still works but it just won’t do anything else. The only thing I can do is shut it down and start over, so I appear to be stuck. 

I don’t have any mods. I’ve tried this on new safe files and it still happens, I also removed The Sims folder temporarily and nothing. 

I don’t know what to do, I just can’t play the game. 

Message 1 of 4 (642 Views)

Re: Saving and traveling won’t stop loading

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Abrilcamps Since you have no mods, it sounds like something is blocking the program from saving. Please check the following:

• Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists.  If you are using Windows 10 Defender, add an exception for The Sims 4
  • Graphics drivers and Windows OS are patched and updated to newest versions
  • TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
  • Nahimic 2 from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 is known to cause this issue.

If after using these steps the game still won't work, try a Clean Boot  and launch TS4. If it launches and you can save a new game, you'll have some detective work to do. Enable one startup program at a time, reboot, try TS4, until you find the program that is blocking it. Once you find the offending program, disable or uninstall it. You should be able to launch TS4 successfully without doing the clean boot after disabling the offending program.

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. It's always very helpful if someone shares what worked for them, and we can give some more suggestions if it's still a problem. Here's to Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 4 (612 Views)

★★ Novice
@BlackjackWidow Hello! Thank you so much, but unfortunately nothing helped
Message 3 of 4 (594 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Abrilcamps - You said you've tried this with a new TS4 folder, and with new games. So, it's not limited to a particular lot or sim, it happens on saving/traveling every time? 

I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

If this does not help, please reply back with a dxdiag. How to Dxdiag

Message 4 of 4 (583 Views)