by halliemarie33

Original Post

Saving Not Working Correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons; Spa Day; Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to save my game, it used to come up with an error message, or tell me to go to main menu or something. Now, it just exits to main menu or exits the game. When I try to enter the game again, it is not at my last saved point. The whole house and/or some of the sims have been deleted.
What do you expect to see? I expect that it should save properly and not delete things.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried repairing the game, playing on different saves, resetting the game to factory settings, and other trouble-shooting tips and the bug still occurs. I also tried taking screenshots/a video of the bug but it came up with an error message.

EDIT: This appeared when trying to open a world i've had since the November 16 update

Message 1 of 9 (503 Views)

Re: Saving Not Working Correctly

Hero

Hi @halliemarie33

moved this thread to tech for troubleshooting

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (459 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrictYes, I tried doing this multiple times earlier and the error still occurs.

Message 3 of 9 (438 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried it one more time, it still deletes everything and does this:

Message 4 of 9 (437 Views)

Hero
Even on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, even on a new save.

Also might be unrelated, but the windows in apartments are messed up (ss from Fountainview Penthouse)

Thank you for trying to help, this is very frustrating haha

Message 6 of 9 (421 Views)

Hero
As you are on a mac, I might need to move your post to the mac forum for further troubleshooting.

Have you tried reinstalling the game yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (414 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes just started trying that, it is currently redownloading it
Message 8 of 9 (405 Views)

Hero
Let me know how it goes. If it doesn't help, I move your post to the mac forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (394 Views)