Re: Saves not in the right place/ empty buildings

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saves not in the right place/ empty buildings

★★★ Novice

Howdy! I’m Im going to do my best to explain the issue, though I’m not sure if it makes sense or if it’s a unique occurrence.

I have a total of 4 saves. One for testing builds, one for regular gameplay, one for a machinima series project I’m wanting to do, and one recover file I never play and have no clue how I got it. Ever since the HSY patch, my saves are going to weird places and the revamps I’d done for some sims are gone despite having played them and saved them fine before the patch. What I mean is my legacy sims are broken up among the save files; the main couple and the oldest 3 are in one save, the youngest 2 are in another. A sim that should be in the same file is in my testing save. 

Also, I have builds saved to the gallery but when I place them on the exact same lots, they’re either empty or have reverted to the building I’m trying to replace or are an earlier version of the building, or are gone completely from the save.

I do use cc/mods, but I’ve just recently removed the items and I still have the same results. I was intending to uninstall/reinstall but hoping to save my time and efforts to the gallery before all 1440 hours are sent to the abyss for naught. Like I said, I’m not sure if this is a unique situation or others have had this problem before (I tried to search and didn’t find anything quite as close).

Hope someone can help a girl out!

Message 1 of 4 (257 Views)

Accepted Solution

@LilHunny9009  Try repairing the game, which you can do in either Origin or the EA App.  First, clear the cache for whichever app you use:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Open your game library and select the Repair option.  In Origin, you can see it by right-clicking on the tile for Sims 4; in the EA App, click the three dots you see when you hover over the game tile.

If repairing in the EA App doesn't work, please repair in Origin instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)

All Replies

@LilHunny9009  Please install the patch that was released a few hours ago and let me know which problems are still happening.  The buildings reverting in particular sounds like the groundhog day issue, and this patch is said to have fixed at least one of the causes.

Message 2 of 4 (234 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well I now have none of my packs, only the base game after loading the free desert luxe kit following the announcement. The building is still empty even with a new save.

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)

@LilHunny9009  Try repairing the game, which you can do in either Origin or the EA App.  First, clear the cache for whichever app you use:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Open your game library and select the Repair option.  In Origin, you can see it by right-clicking on the tile for Sims 4; in the EA App, click the three dots you see when you hover over the game tile.

If repairing in the EA App doesn't work, please repair in Origin instead.

Message 4 of 4 (168 Views)