Saves and tray folders empty

by summergrace5021

Original Post

Saves and tray folders empty

★★★ Newbie

I played sims about a week ago and everything worked but I tried to play and everything was gone. My library was empty except for the starter houses and households, and none of my worlds were there. I checked the sims 4 documents folder and almost every file is empty including screenshots, saves, mods, and tray. I tried repairing the game but it did not work. Is there any way at all to get everything back?

Message 1 of 3 (2,170 Views)

Re: Saves and tray folders empty

@summergrace5021  The following instructions are for Windows; let me know if you happen to have a Mac.

It's possible that your content was synced to OneDrive, and that the local copy was removed from your hard drive.  The first step is common; the second usually only happens if your hard drive is low on space.  Regardless, try looking for Sims 4 data inside the OneDrive version of Documents.  If you find any, you can move it back to the correct location on your hard drive, and your game should read it again.

If you don't find anything in OneDrive, try searching your hard drive instead.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search field in the upper right corner.  This should turn up any saves.  If you find some, look in the same location for a Tray folder or any files inside it: these would be your saved households and builds.  Again, put them back where they belong, and the game should read them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (2,149 Views)

Re: Saves and tray folders empty

★ Novice

This happened to me too. One day my entire sims4 folder was completely like reset and I lost all of my saves and my sims and hours upon hours of mods I had took the time to download. My best reccomendation is to keep a duplicate folder for saves and mods because the only way I was able to get stuff "back" was by having the stuff I uploaded to the gallery and having copies of zip folders I decided to keep.

Message 3 of 3 (1,986 Views)