Re: Saves and CC not showing up, with only one folder

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saves and CC not showing up, with only one folder

★★★ Newbie

So, I've been having this issue for awhile now. Some time ago, after I updated both Origin and the Sims, my save files weren't showing up in the game.

I've tried everything I could find- making a new sim and restarting to see if the files would show up, renaming my save files, checking for any extra Sims folders, and even reinstalling the game, but to no avail. I know the issue is that there's another Sims 4 file somewhere, but no matter where I search, I can't find it. I don't use anything to save files such as OneDrive and Google Docs, and I even double-checked those places. It'd be okay if I lose my saves, but if I can't find this file or whatever the issue is, I won't be able to play with custom content and mods.

All of my saves, tray items, and mods are still there, in the one Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder in my documents. They just aren't showing up in the game. If anyone has any advice or questions that could help, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been trying for days now, and I really hope I will be able to salvage this game, because I personally think the base game is too boring to play without any custom content. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (916 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Start the game. In settings look for the path where images and video are stored. Then you can see the path to the Sims 4 folder. You can also use windows search function to find it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (933 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Start the game. In settings look for the path where images and video are stored. Then you can see the path to the Sims 4 folder. You can also use windows search function to find it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (934 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much! I was able to find the other folder by looking for the path.

It was actually in the documents of another user account, in case anyone else ever has the same problem.
Message 3 of 6 (879 Views)

★ Apprentice

How do you view the file path? I'm not seeing anything in Game Options.

Message 4 of 6 (804 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@luxexnocte Here is a link to an excellent guide on how to find the file path to your game folders.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

You can find the file path in your Game Options in the Screen Capture tab in the Location Path windows:

screen capture.JPG

Thank you @crinrict for this excellent guide 

Message 5 of 6 (787 Views)

★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness Thanks so much!
Message 6 of 6 (774 Views)