Saved games

by kmwisbey20

Original Post

Saved games

★★ Novice

When I opened sims 4, I received a pop up which said the save game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this save game. After receiving this message, I noticed that all my families had gone so I started a new family which has now gone as well. I updated Sims 4 yesterday and I don't understand why I am still having this problem. How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 9 (411 Views)

Re: Saved games

Hero

Usually happens if the auto save corrupts

See this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/SOLUTION-Savegame-was-saved-with-a-newer-version/td-p/4205460/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (396 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done everything in the article and it seems to be working again but I still don't have any of my saved games. It still takes me to create a family. 

Message 3 of 9 (393 Views)

Hero

Did you put just one back or try if one of the backups works by removing the ver0 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (391 Views)

★★ Novice

I put each file back in one by one and I found that the files called Slot_00000002.save, Slot_00000003.save and Slot_00000004.save are causing the error message to come up. I did not put these files into the new saves folder. 

Message 5 of 9 (389 Views)

Hero

Did you have any more than that ? Do you have a slot00000002.save.ver0 and does it work if you rename that to slot00000002.save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

The files with ver at the end all work fine so there is no need to remove the ver.

Message 7 of 9 (375 Views)

Hero

The game doesn't recognize them if they have a ver.

So do you still not see your games or do they work now (bit confused here)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (370 Views)

★★ Novice

I will take out the ver and write back about what happened

Message 9 of 9 (368 Views)