Saved games gone

by heyitsjen123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saved games gone

★ Novice

Yesterday, I downloaded some custom content and played the game and it was fine. It was lagging a bit so I took some off. I went to play the Sims 4 today and all my saved games and data is gone, but my Sims I uploaded to the gallery still exist. It's like I've started a Sims game on a new computer.

When I look at my Saves in the Sims 4 folder, nothing is there anymore. I saved some old Saves onto my desktop but they're not much use now.

Is there any way to get my saved games back?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Saved games gone

Hero

The one with no saves is probably the one the game uses so just copy your stuff from the other folder to that folder and it show up in the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (481 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @heyitsjen123

have you tried searching your computer if there's another electronic arts folder for Sims 4 ? Also search any cloud services such as oneDrive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (464 Views)

★ Novice

Hi 

I have just done that and it turns out I have 2 Electronic arts folders. The second one has all of my recent saves in from what I can see.

Do I just delete the EA folder that has no saved games or data in?

Thanks

Message 3 of 9 (455 Views)

Hero

The one with no saves is probably the one the game uses so just copy your stuff from the other folder to that folder and it show up in the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (482 Views)

★ Novice

I have just done that and now my game is back to normal, thank you so much!

Message 5 of 9 (422 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

I'm afraid I tried to copy my EA folder onto onedrive and I deleted it off onedrive and now the game isn't working again? 

But I have all of my saved game and slots in my PC's EA folder

Is there anything I can do?

Message 6 of 9 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you turn off OneDrive ?  It's possible that the game is now using that folder

I do recommend making backups from time to time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (411 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I've done that and it's working again, thank you it's very appreciated

Message 8 of 9 (401 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (398 Views)