Saved game issue

by Li33yLov3

Original Post

Saved game

★★★ Newbie

Hey sims 3 lovers!! Okay so, I saved my game last night. I had my laptop closed, but I have this option on it to where it leaves the screen on while it's closed. So it was saving, battery was full. I come back to it sims is closed out, so I assumed it saved and everything was good. Well, I open sims back up, my recently saved game was still on the menu, but I load it up, and on the map my family doesn't exist. My house is still there, but it's the outline of a house like nobody lives there..my family isn't showing up on the created families sections. Now, I have other created families, and this is one created from one of those that I had moved out from. 

Message 1 of 6 (450 Views)

Re: Saved game

Hero

@Li33yLov3 

Please make sure to post topics in the correct section. This was placed in the Command & Conquer section....

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 6 (414 Views)

@Li33yLov3  The empty house is a common sign of a save that's been corrupted.  The best thing to do at this point is to load a backup save instead.  I can see from your screenshot of the Main Menu that you don't have any backups, but the game automatically keeps the data from the second to last time you saved.

Go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves, and you'll see a folder labeled with your save name (Stallings.sims3), and a second backup folder (Stallings.sims3.backup).  Delete rename the backup and delete the extension (e.g. Stallings1.sims3), and it will be available to load from the Main Menu.

It's a good idea to make a backup copy of the working backup save now, in case you need it later.  It's an even better idea to start using "save as" to rename the save from now on, so you always have backups to rever to if and when you need them.  Without mods, save corruption is common, and even with the right mods, it does happen occasionally.  As long as you always have recent backups on hand, you'll be able to revert to them without losing much progress.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 6 (390 Views)
Highlighted

Saved game issue

★★★ Newbie

So, I saved a game recently. I had this option on my laptop to where the screen is still on and active while the top is closed. So the next day, I saw sims was closed out, like it always does after i hit save and quit. So I open sims back up, and the recently saved game is still on the menu, but when I loaded it up, it was like Im starting from the beginning, all the families that I created we're still there except the one I most recently created and saved. And my house that I created was there, but the globe showed an outline of a house like no one was living there, and my recently created family was living in that house. So what can I do, I have no idea what happened, and I really do not want to start over. Please reply asap

Message 4 of 6 (387 Views)

Re: Saved game issue

★★★ Novice

Maybe you could try going to edit town, saving the house + family that's gone glitchy, then bulldoze the entire lot and finally add your house/family back to the lot.

Message 5 of 6 (349 Views)

@Li33yLov3  I've merged your new post with your earlier thread.  Please let us know whether any of the suggestions here helps.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (339 Views)