Re: Saved game has disappeared TWICE

by CitrusViking

Original Post

Saved game has disappeared TWICE

★★ Novice

I started playing yesterday, and after playing for about 4 hours (and saving all the while) the game crashed on me. I opened it up again, only to find that my game had reverted to the version from when I had originally started playing. FOUR HOURS OF PLAYING GONE. I got over it after a little while, and just decided to try and get my sims back to where they had been in my lost save, assuming this wouldn't happen again if I was really vigilant about saving every couple of minutes. I played for another four hours or so, when my game crashed again. I decided to stop playing for the day, knowing I had just recently saved my game so I would be able to pick up right where I left off.

But when I started the game this morning, my game had reverted to the same save file from when the game had originaly crashed. I pretty much lost 8+ hours of playing. My sims had moved in together, married, and had one child with another on the way, and it is ALL GONE. I was so excited to play this game, so this is extremely frustrating since I haven't been able to make ANY progress in my game and I don't want to continue playing if everything I do is just going to be lost anyway. Any help is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (802 Views)

Re: Saved game has disappeared TWICE

★★★★★ Guide

Try renaming your save files, start a new game save, and then replace your new save files with your old ones.

Spoiler
1. Open your Documents and then Electronic Arts
2. Open The Sims 4 and locate the saves folder.
3. Rename the saves folder (perhaps add "original" to the beginning?)
4. Launch The Sims 4 and create a new save game.
5. Exit The Sims 4 and navigate back to The Sims 4 folder in Documents
6. Delete the new saves and rename your original saves back to "saves"
(sorry this may be confusing)

Moving around your save files may help out a bit in this instance. If you give this a shot, lemme know how it works out!
Message 2 of 2 (778 Views)