Re: Saved game data lost after backing up and resetting Sims 4

by roberta591

Original Post

Saved game data lost after backing up and resetting Sims 4

★★★ Apprentice

I was having issues with the Sims 4 after the July updates started. My game started having frequent freezes and crashes after a certain amount of gameplay. I contacted live support and followed all their instructions carefully, the repair game option in the Origin launcher for desktop didn't appear, so I manually reset the game. I moved the saved data that I backed up to my flash drive to the original folder that I renamed, everything looked fine, all the photos, videos and game data was there, or so I thought. I start the game and go into the library, all the data that was there in the past couple of days gone even though I tried to restore my backups. The things I got from the community and uploaded to the community, gone. Things including lots and families that I either downloaded and saved or uploaded, created under my account with my username are gone. I did everything right, or so I thought. Maybe I uploaded wrong but if I still have my files excluding my saved games that are showing up in the file folder but not the game I did something right. I just want my hard work and saves back.

Message 1 of 2 (173 Views)

Re: Saved game data lost after backing up and resetting Sims 4

Hero (Retired)

@1Kimi115 Is your computer a pc or mac? What is your operating system? While freezes and crashes can be caused by user data it is usually custom content or a mod. Freezes and crashing or usually causes by hardware or drivers. The things you are describing are user data and I'm guessing you didn't backup the whole user data folder. did you just backup your save games? Does the game run correctly now?

Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)