Saved The Sims 4, but everything deletes?

by AphSealand

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Saved The Sims 4, but everything deletes?

★★★ Newbie
I have made probably 8 different households on The Sims 4 at this point- 6 of which have been in Willow Creek, the two others have been in the world that comes with Cats & Dogs. I haven't checked back in on the two I made yesterday but the others have all been removed from the world including any adjustments I made to the lot whether it be building a house or refurnishing a house. Only one or two households are saved to my library but they've been deleted out of the world. I have over 250 custom content items installed, could this be affecting everything? I only just got it on Christmas and have been sharing my origin account it is on with a friend for even longer, the game works fine for her,- she also has lots of CC- but not me? Does anybody know why?
Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Svar: Saved The Sims 4, but everything deletes?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AphSealand

You might have a single mod/cc that is broken and destroys your game, maybe your friend does not have it.

It almost sounds like your files have been deleted from your Tray.folder though, is that a possibility?

To check if the problem is mod-related:

Try to remove all the mods and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

When you've done that, repair the game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Start the game and see if it works.

If it works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (449 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AphSealand

You might have a single mod/cc that is broken and destroys your game, maybe your friend does not have it.

It almost sounds like your files have been deleted from your Tray.folder though, is that a possibility?

To check if the problem is mod-related:

Try to remove all the mods and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

When you've done that, repair the game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Start the game and see if it works.

If it works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AphSealand

Wait, "sharing the account with a friend?"

Sharing Origin accounts is against the ToS

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Account-Sharing-Origin/td-p/2842084

Message 3 of 5 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
It's only temporary, she bought the game but her internet is down so I let her come over and log into my origin until her internet service provider could fix the internet long enough to download it onto origin. After that we'll have our separate accounts.
Message 4 of 5 (337 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@AphSealand

That's good! Her coming over to play is okay too Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (326 Views)