Save in realm of magic rendering game unplayable

by hannahmac1993

Original Post

Save in realm of magic rendering game unplayable

★★★ Novice

Issue with saved games in Realm of Magic

I've been having issues with all of my saved games and creating new games since I've saved a game while still in Realm of Magic - I cannot access any saves without the game crashing almost immediately. This is also true of CAS - I can't make a new family without the game crashing instantly.

Please help! I have been super excited for realm of magic and now my game is totally unplayable. Actions I have taken are:

Removed CC,

Cleared cache folders,

repaired game,

reinstalled game with saves removed (i.e I deleted them from the windows saved folder),

updated drivers

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

Re: Save in realm of magic rendering game unplayable

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@hannahmac1993

Do I understand correctly that if you try to save the game in a different area than Real of Magic for example in Oasis then there will be no failure?

Rename your game folder to The Sims4 old and start the game.
The new game folder will be created and you will have two games folders. One old, one virgin new.
Start the new game with the random sim and check if you still have this problem in the new, virgin folder
Your old saves and library will stay safe.
The next steps depend on the results of this test.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (396 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Kreatora,

I can't access any other saves, so I don't know if the game issue is related to saving in realm of magic 100%, but that is where I saved my game and I have seen other people report similar issues.

If you are referring to a "factory reset" of the game, I have done that an still experience the same issue.

New actions completed:

Complete reinstall of the game off origin,

Deleted The Sims 4 folder in documents>EA and tried relaunching the game

Message 3 of 4 (374 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@hannahmac1993

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?
To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the text file to your post directly in option "Reply" - not Quick Reply
Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)