Re: Save files corrupted Sims 3

by dmacay95

Original Post

★★ Novice

Thank you very much anyway for helping me. It didn't work for me but it might as well have and could possibly be a solution for anyone else who runs into this problem.

I also figured out that the .nhd file was the biggest so probably all content is indeed in there and can't be recovered. I've tried to use it in combination with the clean files, but unfortunately without success. I will just create a new game and make frequent backups to prevent this from happening again. I also learned that error 12 is caused by exceeding RAM usage. There are ways to lower that so I'll try those out as well. 

Okay that's interesting. And where is this library located? 

Thanks for sharing these mods, I will definitely give them a try.

Message 11 of 14 (666 Views)

@dmacay95  I'm sorry that swapping around the files didn't help, but it's not always possible to recover a save beyond a certain point.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Hopefully, the mods will prevent you from getting to the same point in the future, or at the very least, you'll be able to revert to a backup and start resetting things with MasterController to clean up the save.

Library is in your game folder in Documents\EA\TS3, just as Saves is.  The files are labeled with random strings of characters, but you can rename them however you want; just keep the .package extension at the end.  The creation dates should help you distinguish among the various files, or you could put one at a time into a clean game folder and see what shows up in the in-game bin in Edit Town.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (644 Views)

★★ Novice

No problem! I hope so too. I just moved the files from the old library folder into my new game folder and I have my old sims back in my bin, yay! So after all they were stored somewhere! I have to start their lives over from the beginning though but i'm so happy to have them back and that saves me a lot of time and work. Thank you again! This was very useful Standard smile

Message 13 of 14 (628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much you have no idea how many hours I’ve been trying to fix my game that I spent hours literally hours on I was about to cry and I saw your conversation and it helped me a ton  I got my stuff back and I am so glad I literally was about to cry  I am in debt to you 

Message 14 of 14 (428 Views)