Save files are gone??!!

by ivyisabelle101

Original Post

Save files are gone??!!

★★★ Novice

I recently switched to the EA App form origin. It was a relatively smooth transfer minus having to reinstall my store content. I also found out I'd need to delete and reinstall all my store content to make sure it's "new files" so all my store content will show up in game. I backed up ALL my game files and proceeded to delete and reinstall all my store content. Once everything was done, I checked my ORIGNIAL game files to see if i'd need to replace them with the back ups and they were all in the "saves" folder as per usual. Once i booted up the game, my files were MESSED up. I tried moving the back up files into the "saves" folder to replace the originals. Now all my files are gone and non of the backup files will load into my game. 

I have spent YEARS on some of these files and I'm distraught to say the least! Is there a way to locate my old game files and fix this buggy game?????? The EA App sucks!!!!

Please help!

Plus some of my store content STILL wont load even after redownloading it

Message 1 of 2 (287 Views)

Re: Save files are gone??!!

@ivyisabelle101  Please post a screenshot of the folder that contains the saves you're trying to load, and include the address bar, above the list of folders, as well.

Please also let me know if you can find any saves elsewhere on your computer.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter *.sims3 (with the asterisk) in the search field in the upper-right corner.  This should turn up any saves, which have the extension .sims3.  If you find one you're looking for, select it and then click the "Open file location" menu button, and you'll jump to wherever it's located.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)