Save files are all gone

by EleganceQueen

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Save files are all gone

★★ Novice

I opened up Origin and booted up Sims 4 after not playing for a few days. There was no save or load game option, so I went to my save folder and it's empty. No mods, no videos, no saves, everything is gone.

The electronic arts folder and everything inside it says it was created today at 4pm but I've been playing the sims for weeks. I got it last month and installed seasons a week ago. I'm not sure why this has happened, but I really want my saves back.

Message 1 of 5 (536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save files are all gone

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot all about this post.

Turns out when Windows 10 updated it moved all my Sims files from C drive to D drive. D drive has a lot more room on it than C drive so I'm not sure why I did that. Anyway, I just moved the files up and backed them up on google drive. Hopefully that never happens again.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (439 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 5 (520 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you. I had a look but that doesn't help me because the save folder is completely empty.

Message 3 of 5 (508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@EleganceQueen

If you use OneDrive it looks as if your wholeThe Sims4 folder has been moved to a different place -  probably to OneDrive and the game has created a new virgin folder after turning it on.
In this situation, try to look for your old game folder. 
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/
If you find it, copy the following folders "saves", Tray and mods and paste them into the new game folder.

Message 4 of 5 (488 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot all about this post.

Turns out when Windows 10 updated it moved all my Sims files from C drive to D drive. D drive has a lot more room on it than C drive so I'm not sure why I did that. Anyway, I just moved the files up and backed them up on google drive. Hopefully that never happens again.

Message 5 of 5 (440 Views)