Save file reverted to old save on its own.

by JamJamsArt

Original Post

Save file reverted to old save on its own.

★★ Apprentice

I am not sure when this happened as I've not played this file in a few weeks. (i think I last played in June, a little while after Eco Lifestyle came out). it is my main legacy file, so I wanted to play it with the new stuff pack. however, after loading the game, I realized the save is VERY old. for example, the last I played, my 2 kids were both young adults, and my main house had an entire overhaul in the yard. all of my pets were dead as well. the file that loaded, however, was one where my younger kid had just aged up into child, ly yard was bare, and all of my pets were alive. (to give you some insight on how long ago that was, I play on normal lifespan.)

I also checked to see what save slot it was, and in the savegames folder, that save slot's oldest save is from April 7th. I DEFINITELY played a LOT since then and on several different save points. there is no way it's just a matter of I accidentally didn't save a game, because I remember saving and loading the same file several times since the new expansion pack. I also use MCC command center, which auto-saves every few minutes. I tried without any mods installed and still nothing. it just decided to revert this one save and I don't understand why. my only guess is it happened after the update or it happened when I reinstalled MCC Command Center. it's Bazar and I have no idea if anyone can even help, but I'm willing to try anything if it means not having to redo like 30+ sim days.

more info: I checked my recycling bin, it wasn't in there. although I never open the save games folder so I dunno how it could have been deleted.

Message 1 of 2 (172 Views)

Re: Save file reverted to old save on its own.

Hero (Retired)

@JamJamsArt   Is your computer a pc? It sounds like you enabled OneDrive AFTER the April save. OneDrive MOVES newer files to its own folder to be synced thus leaving the game folder as it was BEFORE you logged into OneDrive. The operating system (Windows) knows where the files are but the game thinks the saves are in the user documents game folder. I don't use OneDrive or Cloud storage - I have a nas box for local backup. Check c:\users\(your user  name)\OneDrive\Documents folder and see if you gamer files are there. If they are and you don't use OneDrive (Microsoft really wants you to) logout of OneDrive and copy the files back to the user documents game folder. Sometimes a Windows update enables OneDrive. I have OneDrive disabled with task manager startup so OneDrive doesn't run at boot. I still get a nag from my Microsoft account about OneDrive. If you have OneDrive active BEFORE you install the game you don't have the issue as Windows redirect all calls because it looks at the date of the file. HTH

Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)