Re: Save file missing Newcrest & CAS won’t load

by kreatora

Original Post

Save file missing Newcrest & CAS won’t load

★★★ Newbie

After the patch update I went to reload my CC. When I went into the save I was playing it took me to the worlds and Newcrest wasn’t there (my save is in Newcrest). I deleted all CC and disabled CC and it still wasn’t working. I decided to start a new save and when CAS finally loaded, it was just the background and the save and delete button at the bottom. I could hear the Sims voice but there were no graphics at all. I have tried clearing the Sims 4 folder and restarting the game but I am having the same issues. 

Message 1 of 2 (682 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Save file missing Newcrest & CAS won’t load

Hero (Retired)
@kirstenabigail

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with the random sim and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (660 Views)