Save Game Won't Load, Sims 4

by rylanvincent

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Save Game Won't Load, Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hi there!  So, ever since the latest update came out, I haven't been able to play any of my save games.  I can load up the game, open my save, and get to the map page, but when I click on my current household, and select "Play", the loading screen just continues forever.  I do use Custom Content, but I haven't downloaded anything new since last month, and this problem only began when the update came out.  When I disabled CC and tried, I was able to play the game.  However, I've had to clear my mods folder and re-download everything so many times that I have lost track.  I've tried repairing the game twice, and it hasn't done jack so...

Should I try uninstalling the game?  And if I do, will I lose all of my Custom Content?  I guess if it gets my game working I don't really care.

Can anyone help?

Thank you, and Happy Simming!

xx

Message 1 of 2 (6,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Save Game Won't Load, Sims 4

EA app Team

Hi @rylanvincent,

If the game loads when you remove your Custom Content, it means one or more of your custom content files are not compatible with the new version of the game.

When the game is updated, your mods and custom content can get outdated, and need to be updated as well. You can learn more about this here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

Reinstalling the game won't help, as it won't remove your mods. Please, follow the advice in the link on what to do.

Good luck, and happy simming! Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (6,400 Views)

All Replies

Re: Save Game Won't Load, Sims 4

EA app Team

Hi @rylanvincent,

If the game loads when you remove your Custom Content, it means one or more of your custom content files are not compatible with the new version of the game.

When the game is updated, your mods and custom content can get outdated, and need to be updated as well. You can learn more about this here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

Reinstalling the game won't help, as it won't remove your mods. Please, follow the advice in the link on what to do.

Good luck, and happy simming! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 2 (6,401 Views)