Save Files Won’t Not Showing In Game/no Load Game Button

by KennChrsitina

Original Post

Save Files Won’t Not Showing In Game/no Load Game Button

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My saved games/ load game button mysteriously disappeared in game after not playing for a couple days. I still can see my saved files in the saves folder! I’ve tried a couple solutions I saw on here as well as repairing the game on Origin but nothing worked. 

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 6 (1,359 Views)

Re: SAVE FILES WON’T NOT SHOWING IN GAME/NO LOAD GAME BUTTON

@KennChrsitina  Please list the full file path of the saves folder where you can see your saves.  You can see it in a File Explorer window above the list of files and folders.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (1,349 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict This PC ➡️ Documents ➡️Electronic Arts ➡️ Sims 4 ➡️ saves
Message 3 of 6 (1,288 Views)

@KennChrsitina  Please press Play and start a new save.  (No need to spend much time on it; this is just for testing.)  Save your progress, exit to the Main Menu, click Load Game, hover over the folder icon under the new save you just created, and check the file path.  That's where your saves need to be stored.

If the file path you see is different than the one for your existing saves, just move your old saves to the new location, and they should show up.

If the file path is the same, then somehow your saves aren't being read by the game.  Try loading a backup of one of them; use the manual method described here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

If that doesn't help either, let me know.

Message 4 of 6 (1,259 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict My aunt has an account on my computer and it somehow got synced into her one drive under her user🤦🏾‍♀️. How do I remove it from under hers and place it under my user??
Message 5 of 6 (1,251 Views)

@KennChrsitina  The easiest thing is probably to disable OneDrive, or at least prevent it from syncing.  You could certainly sign out of your aunt's account and into yours.  But having Documents automatically synced with cloud storage can cause problems with Sims 4 no matter which OneDrive account is being used.

Before you do anything else, copy the Sims 4 folder or folders you want to preserve to your desktop.  (Even better would be to copy it to an external hard drive or USB stick, but that's nto strictly necessary.)  To switch OneDrive accounts, click the hidden icons arrow in the lower right corner of your screen, right-click on the OneDrive icon, and click More > Settings > Account > Unlink this PC.

Then if you want, you can open OneDrive again and sign into your own account.  But make sure you choose a different folder than before, or else the content from the old and new accounts can get merged.

If you do want OneDrive on this computer, whether linked to your own account or your aunt's, be sure to prevent it from automatically syncing Documents.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

Message 6 of 6 (1,234 Views)