SP and GP Folders

by tigerphantx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SP and GP Folders

★★★ Newbie

I recently just got a new PC so I have had to install Sims 4 again. I had no issues whilst installing the base game and all the packs etc and the game runs fine. I usually play with custom content and a saved world so when I went to create a mods folder and find my save files I couldn't find them. Instead I noticed the folders were entirely different. I have a bunch of SP and GP folders most being in the Sims 4 folder itself and some within the Delta folder. 

I didn't have this on my old PC so I am unsure why there are so many. There isn't even a save file location. I have tried following suggestions I have found on here ; by deleting the folders and repairing but they're still there. 

I wondered if there is a reason for this? and if there is a solution 

Message 1 of 3 (2,385 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SP and GP Folders

Hero
@tigerphantx you're looking at your installation folder instead of your user folder

Mods need to be added to the user folder which can be found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,365 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@tigerphantx you're looking at your installation folder instead of your user folder

Mods need to be added to the user folder which can be found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (2,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah! I forgot they are in different locations! Thank you for your help. 

Message 3 of 3 (2,345 Views)