[SOLVED - mod issue] Difficulty increasing friendship with other Sims

by Zombnom

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[SOLVED - mod issue] Difficulty increasing friendship with other Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Recently I've been finding that is has been a heck of a time trying to increase my friendship with other Sims. I thought it may have been mod related, but when I removed all mods + CC I found no change. It's also consistent across my different family save games.

I'll often receive negative friendship indicators, or when I do get positive it seems to hardly increase the friendship with that Sim. I'll also see negative friendship indicators show up after positive ones have shown for an interaction.

Has there been a change in the social system that I may be missing?

Message 1 of 6 (9,329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: Difficulty increasing friendship/relationship with other Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your reply! Stargaze/cloudgaze is my fave friendship booster, maybe I should do that IRL more Wink

This DID end up turning out to be a mod issue, after spending all day testing! Perhaps when I was testing without mods at first, the conversation just wasn't going well...!

This is an issue with the current version of the Slice of Life mod by KawaiiStacie (April 2). I've posted in KawaiiStacie's forum about this.

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (9,291 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Zombnom

Does this happen even during the interaction of looking in the sky together? This interaction will build friendly relations between sims the fastest.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 6 (9,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your reply! Stargaze/cloudgaze is my fave friendship booster, maybe I should do that IRL more Wink

This DID end up turning out to be a mod issue, after spending all day testing! Perhaps when I was testing without mods at first, the conversation just wasn't going well...!

This is an issue with the current version of the Slice of Life mod by KawaiiStacie (April 2). I've posted in KawaiiStacie's forum about this.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6 (9,292 Views)

Re: [SOLVED - mod issue] Difficulty increasing friendship with other Sims

★ Apprentice

Hi!

I have this exact issue. 
You said that this turned out to be an issue caused by mods. Well I have around 55 GB's worth of CC and am NOT sitting through restarting my game several times (which takes 50 years). For me this bug only starts appearing when I have children or teens interacting with each other. Since I have MCCC I can check the relationship ''points'', and they only increase with one point per friendly interaction. The exact time this bug startes to ''take place'' I get a Last exception. I obviously can't read them though. 

The alternate method I used that fixed this was tweaking some settings with MCCC so it would be easier to gain friendships. What this caused instead was, if two sims had ONE negative interaction about 50% of their friendship would disappear, causing all types of problems. 

As you can tell I haven't found a solution yet. 
If you remember, what mod or type of mod caused this issue for you? I have a lot of script mods, basically all of the ''big'' ones.

If you or anyone can help me, please do because my game is sooo frustraiting rn Frown

Message 4 of 6 (7,064 Views)

Champion

Hi @eemiliak !  The OP mentioned that the issue was with the Slice of Life mod.  Do you have that in your game?  If so, try removing that first.  Otherwise, there is really no way to know which mod is causing this problem without testing them all and also deleting the localthumbcache.package file located in the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder before opening the game for testing.  Since you have a lot of mods/CC, the 50/50 method works best.

1. Divide your mods/CC in half (maybe make a folder on your desktop to hold the half you're taking out).

2. Delete the localthumbcache.package file again, before opening the game with the half you're testing, 

3. If the game works with that half, test with the other half. (Again, delete that cache file before opening)

4. Once you know which half is causing the issue, divide those in half and test again (delete the cache file again).

5. Repeat the process until you find the culprit.

Since you mentioned having MCCC, you might also try using that to compensate for relationship issues.  Try clicking on a computer then MC Command Center>MCCC Settings>Relationship Settings>Friendship Difficulty Adjustment  OR  Romance Difficulty Adjustment  then choosing an option to enhance the speed at which your sims gain relationship points.  

Realistically, you may want to do a bit of "spring cleaning" and reduce the amount of CC / mods you've installed.  With such a large sized mods folder, chances are there are a lot of things that are broken and/or haven't been updated.  Perhaps you could spend some time removing things you're not actually using, then test the things you want to keep.  This may take some time, but it will be worth it to make sure your game runs more smoothly. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 6 (7,028 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

This thread is a few years old now, so it's been locked to prevent any more necro-posting.

If you still need help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can look into this with you. 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (6,982 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help