Re: [SOLVED] SIMS 4 : CUSTOM CONTENT NOT SHOWING AFTER UPDATE

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved] Sims 4 : Custom Content Not Showing After Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Recently I updated my "The Sims 4". I have downloaded custom content beforehand and have played many times with the custom content showing and working. I placed all the "PACKAGE" files into the "MODS" folder. After the update I downloaded more custom content and proceeded to place the "PACKAGE" files into the "MODS" folder and only then did I start the game to play again. I selected "Create A Sim" because I wanted to see all the new custom content I downloaded, however, when I was in "Create A Sim", ALL of my custom content was missing. I have already restarted the game multiple times and still no custom content. I "CUT" the "MODS" folder, placed it on my desktop and then "PASTED" it into my "The Sims 4" folder, still no custom content. The very first time I started my "The Sims 4" game I had problems with saving, so the 'internet' helped me by telling me to move my "SAVES" folder to my desktop, start "The Sims 4" and then it will create a new "SAVES" folder and will then work, which it did. I tried that with my "MODS" folder as well, moving it to my desktop, starting the game, and hoping it would maybe create a new "MODS" folder, but it didn't. I moved it back into my "The Sims 4" folder and restarted the game, but it still didn't show up. I have restarted my PC as well. I didn't remove anything out of my "MODS" folder, only added my downloaded "PACKAGE" files. I would really appreciate it if someone would help me, I don't know what to do anymore and I haven't seen someone with the same problem.

Kind regards.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 1 of 47 (154,896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMS 4 : CUSTOM CONTENT NOT SHOWING AFTER UPDATE

★★★★ Novice

SOLVED. All I had to do was go into the game itself, go to "GAME OPTIONS", then select "OTHER" and then check "ENABLE CUSTOM CONTENT AND MODS". 

View in thread

Message 2 of 47 (160,912 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

SOLVED. All I had to do was go into the game itself, go to "GAME OPTIONS", then select "OTHER" and then check "ENABLE CUSTOM CONTENT AND MODS". 

Message 2 of 47 (160,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I go into my game options and enable my custom content, then restart the game, the game wants to freeze when choosing a town to play in or when I try to create a sim. I would love to use my custom content with the new get together game, but I have been having this issue since the Origin update that day BEFORE Get Together was released and downloaded onto my computer. Any thoughts on how to fix?

Message 3 of 47 (154,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie
its happened to me to. can anyone help?
Message 4 of 47 (153,254 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@caitlynmcd

I guess you double checked that script mods and cc were activated in the game options? Both of them?

And then you have mods that do not work? All mods or just some? If it's just some mods that do not work, which ones?

If no mods show up in your game

• Did you place them in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
  • Do the game register that there are mods? Do they show up in the list in the beginning or if you open the mods list from the options menu?
  • Do you have OneDrive on your computer? Make sure that the game is not using the OneDrive-folders. Try turning off OneDrive before starting the game.

You can check where the game saves your files by looking in your Game Options - Screenshot settings.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Make sure that the path above is the same place as where you have your saves and mods.

If some mods show up

Message 5 of 47 (153,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having a very similiar situation. I downloaded the Prince Diamond and Sapphire package from here <removed link. Please do not link to cc and mods sites at AHQ, it's against the TOS> and everything shows up except for the shirts of both Diamond and Sapphire. They just aren't there, not when when I put the custom content filter into the shirts... but they still show in my mods folder...

I am absolutely baffled and cannot seem to figure out what is wrong. Anyone maybe have a clue what the problem may be?

Message 6 of 47 (150,640 Views)

Could it be it's outdated? Try contacting the maker of the CC to see if they might be able to help. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 47 (150,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried over two weeks ago, not a peep from the creator.

Message 8 of 47 (150,585 Views)
Highlighted

It sounds like it's a broken CC, I'm scared you won't be able to use it at all. Frown

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 47 (150,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's so sad... you wait for someone to make Sailor Moon villain custom content for the Black Moon clan... and when you find it... it's broken V.V

Oh well... what a true pity...

Message 10 of 47 (150,573 Views)