{SOLUTION} Sims4 No Sound Bug on Computer/Laptop

by xXZSDTxGORDENXx

Original Post

Re: {SOLUTION} Sims4 No Sound Bug on Computer/Laptop

@B1AX1AL  If you'd still like help, please list the specific step(s) you took that made your game break.  Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 91 of 98 (1,250 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★ Novice

This is the only thing that actually worked. Thank you, real lifesaver here!

Message 92 of 98 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bria226 Omg thank you so much I was getting so triggered lol. Im so glad this worked Standard smile Again thank you do much!
Message 93 of 98 (1,065 Views)

★ Novice

Dec 2021... thank you. 

Message 94 of 98 (1,026 Views)

Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Just keep deleting the files.

Message 95 of 98 (970 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

thanks to you and your dad. the first solution worked

Message 96 of 98 (452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you and your dad just made my day by figuring this out and sharing it her! thank yall so much! my game had sound and was working fine until i tried to add custom music and ive tried for HOURS to fix it and just saw this post and it worked and im so happy!!! 

Message 97 of 98 (404 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been having the problem where The Sims is the only thing on two screens that doesn't have sound. I have a laptop and bigger screen attached with HDMI. The Sims plays on the laptop. This started when I bought 8 packs last Nov, so I don't know if one of those is the culprit. The sound kept stopping for the game only. Sometimes it would help if I closed and reopened the game, but that stopped helping. All other sound, browsers, music players, everything with sound worked on both screens. I tried deleting the Config.ini and Option.ini files, and it worked for a while, but the Sims sound kept staying off for longer. 

Yesterday, while reading this thread, someone mentioned HDMI, so I thought well all sound works on the laptop. I unplugged the HDMI, and  started the game and played some twitch on chrome on the laptop only. All the sound worked, and life is boring with 1 screen, so I plugged in the HDMI. Sims and Chrome kept working. I dragged Chrome to the big screen, and both kept working! Yay! 

I did it again just now and sound on both screens are still working. Weird way to have to open things, but as long as I have all the sound, I don't care!

Message 98 of 98 (350 Views)