Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

by Beanie_11

Original Post

Re: {SOLUTION} Sims4 No Sound Bug on Computer/Laptop

★★★ Newbie

so, if you already have windows 10 and not 8.1 still type in device manager and it should pop up into your settings and then there should be an update for your sound, so I figure that this is the problem, we shall see and I will let you know if I remember. Thanks for everyone's help this is such a beautiful community, but this is an issue current issue since eco lifestyle has launched for me but turns out that my computers sound did need an update and also might not be a bad idea to update your computers drivers which I also will be doing! Thanks! Shugashupa <3

Message 71 of 98 (1,649 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Thanks SO much. This STILL works!! Standard smile

Message 72 of 98 (1,600 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bria226 Tell you Dad I said thank you. It helped me
Message 73 of 98 (1,539 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bria226 So after I did this my sound came back which is great. Now my sims are fuzzy and pix-elated and my view from a far is a mess. I had my settings on Sims high everything else low. Uncompressed and laptop mode off (unchecked) 3d res was medium. Now after doing this I have to have everything on high and if I don't the sims looks fuzzy and cray again. How do I get it back to normal? meaning no matter what settings I put it on it will not look fuzzy, grainy, pix_elated, blurry etc..?

Message 74 of 98 (1,505 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Seems like TS4 only supports sampling rates up to 192khz in Windows. When I set the sampling rate to 384khz there is no sound.

Message 75 of 98 (1,453 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bria226 omg i haven't had sound for a year and nothing i could find worked until another reply led me to you, thank you. your dad is a legend.
Message 76 of 98 (1,414 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
@Hannahelena2014 how did you get the families back? im worried all of mine have deleted
Message 77 of 98 (1,295 Views)

★ Novice
@xXZSDTxGORDENXx there is nothing with config i cant find anything
Message 78 of 98 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had mods on my sims 4 and I done what you said deleted everything. The game restarted all my pervious saves ect... but it worked I was happy made and new game and saved it. Next day I went to play my saved game and no sound again. Iv no idea what to do now 😕 I hope someone can help me

Message 79 of 98 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nothing on this thread worked for me. I spent hours trying to figure out why I had no sound. I had to go do a clean boot and it turns out that one of my programs at start up was causing my sound issue. 

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 80 of 98 (1,146 Views)