by FancyDovahkiin

Original Post

Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie
Thank you :D
Message 41 of 98 (2,449 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much. The first option / solution has work for myself. 

Message 42 of 98 (2,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yassss thank you!!! 😘
Message 43 of 98 (2,398 Views)

Re: {SOLUTION} Sims4 No Sound Bug on Computer/Laptop

★★★ Newbie

NONE OF THESE options worked for me but I fixed the issue!!! I am so happy. I have a bunch of mods installed and my sound suddenly stopped working yesterday. The only thing that worked for me at first is deleting the OPTIONS and CONFIG folders; however, this would reset ALL my game options and make my sims look like s**t. I kept going back and forth resetting the game options and then quitting again to delete the options and config folders but the same thing would happen.

Finally, I decided to remove all my mods and run the game to see if it was a corrupted mod. The game then ran fine with the sound, so when I went back to add my mod folder back in, I noticed the folder had developed a new mods folder all on its own with a brand new Resource.cfg file inside. I took the new resource file and put it in my old mods folder, deleted the new mods folder and replaced it with my old mods folder, and deleted the old resource file as well. It works fine now and all my mods and game options are in!!!!!! 🙃

Message 44 of 98 (2,303 Views)

Re: {SOLUTION} Sims4 No Sound Bug on Computer/Laptop

Champion (Retired)

@princessdie96

Just to clear up some confusion. The Options.ini and Config.log files are not folders but files that contains your Settings and configuration info. Deleting Options.ini. causes all your in-game settings to be reset to standard so you had to redo the original changes.

Whenever you remove the Mods folder or the entire the Sims 4 folder the game creates a default one when started.

I'm glad you got your sound to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 45 of 98 (2,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've tried all these options and it's still not working. I have a fairly new gaming laptop. this is driving me nuts. any other suggestions?
Message 46 of 98 (2,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Me too. Anyone got any suggestions for the same issue but on a Macbook?
Message 47 of 98 (2,236 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sarah_eLH1997

I moved your other thread to the mac forum. People there can help you better.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-4-No-sound-issue-persists-on-Macbook-Pro-PLEASE-HELP/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 98 (2,224 Views)

Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

★ Guide
Nearly 4 years later and you are still a hero, Dad!
Thanks so much for saving the day. ;D
Message 49 of 98 (2,216 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie
You're a life saver! thanks for the tip!
Message 50 of 98 (2,146 Views)