Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

by cyberia-layer-02

Original Post

Hero

DId you check if your sound drivers are updated ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 98 (37,039 Views)

★ Novice

I had this problem too but these instructions didn't work. I then figured out that it was Razer Cortex, which I use too boost my game so I will have less lag. I guess Razer closes down a program that makes the sound work for the Sims 4. 

Message 11 of 98 (6,936 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The second tip helped me, thank you so much for posting this :3 Im a real dummy when It comes to computers, but I coud follow these instruction because they were so clear.

Message 12 of 98 (6,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you this saved me 

Message 13 of 98 (6,890 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks so much!!!
Message 14 of 98 (6,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still does not work Frown(((((Disappointed

Message 15 of 98 (6,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My daughter had the same problem. The second solution worked for her computer.

She's now a very happy camper! Thanks Dad!

:D

Message 16 of 98 (6,805 Views)

★★ Guide

There is no condition where you should reconfigure your sampling rates/depth or delete configuration files. Stop splitting these threads.

Message 17 of 98 (6,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is a common problem on systems with multiple audio devices since windows will detect the active device during initialization of applications and if there is any interruption of the device during operation or initialization, the device will be removed from the list and another selected by the application as default. This has been a problem since plug and play was introduced for windows audio devices. The best solution is to deactivate all unnecessary audio devices in your control panel and you may discover devices which you never knew had been installed such as "Nvidia HD Audio" which is installed automatically with unified driver updates.

Nvidia_HD_Aud.jpg

To disable the device, simply right click on it and select disable, then re-launch your game or multimedia application:

Nvidia_HD_Aud_Disable.jpg

You can prevent installation of these unnecessary devices or uninstall them by choosing the advanced options during driver installation:

Nvidia_HD_Aud_Uninstall.jpg

Then choosing the components to be updated or removed:

Nvidia_HD_Aud_Uninstall2.jpg

For removal of NVidia software components you must select 'Perform Clean Installation' otherwise the installer will only update the selected components. The 3D Vision and "Geforce Experience" components are unnecessary and can be removed without any concern for game performance or functionality.

Message 18 of 98 (6,789 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No results. I did that, but nothing happened. It's in other games, though...

Message 19 of 98 (6,734 Views)