Re: Fix for no sound in Sims 4

by LaMurph713

Original Post

Accepted Solution

{SOLUTION} Sims4 No Sound Bug on Computer/Laptop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Computer/laptop playing audio on everything else besides sims4? Try some of these fixes for this problem!
(Feel free to post any other fixes i may have missed)
1. A very common thing that seems to fix the problem is by simply going into the game files and deleting the Config, and Option files.
Follow this link to the original place i found it at here --->http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/SOLUTION-Fix-for-no-sound-in-Sims-4/m-p/4124823

2. A common but sometimes unknown reason you may not be getting sound from sims 4 or maybe even your pc/laptop in general is out of date drivers.
Simply go to windows explorer (windows 8.1 and older) or go to the Cortana Search bar (windows 10) and type in "Device Manager"
From there you will find a list of components labeled Accordingly with their icons next to them.
Go thru the Ones with an audio icon next to them and make sure they are up to date by right clicking on them (or double clicking) and select "Update drivers"
You will be brought up with a prompt that asks which method to find drivers (Either manually find drivers on your computer, or to automatically search for them on your pc/laptop and throughout the internet. i recommend the automatic option as it is the easiest for someone who doesn't know much about computers)
Once that is all done, and you have checked all audio drivers; exit out of the manager and procced to run sims.

3. A Not so common problem is your PC / Laptop Muting or not having game and or origin volume up.
A fix to the problem is simply Run Sims4 then once it is fully booted up into the menu (good to check in game volumes through the game options menu as good measure)
Just tap the windows home button key (hard to miss its the windows logo) and tab out if you are in fullscreen.
Next look down in the right hand corner for a icon that represents a speaker Make sure that volume is up.
Right click on the speaker and click "open volume mixer" And make sure both Sims And origins volume is up

4. try repairing the game by right clicking on sims in origins and click "Repair" It will automatically verify files and fix and corrupted files.

5. A last ditch effort to fixing no sound is this. 
Find out what the audio device name is. (simply right click on the speaker icon go to playback devices/Right click on a device and click test until you hear two chimes)
Now that you have found out your audio device name (I.E "Speakers (High definition audio device)) go to the device manager (if you don't know how go back to option 2 which is right above) After that you will want to click on the audio icons until you your audio device (I.e Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)) once you have found it.
Don't go further, Find out your audio driver and have it ready to be installed. now go back to device manager and hit uninstall. This should take a minute or so, now you wont have any audio at all, so go ahead and reinstall the drivers by going up and doing as mentioned before.. find your audio drivers. an easy way to do this is to do as follows

Click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner, click playback devices, go to properties and it should tell you. ( I.E Realtek)
Next go up onto the web and search for  _______ Audio drivers.
(DISCLAIMER: I am not able to take legal consequences if you get a virus or torrent on your computer. YOU are liable for making sure you get the right drives. MAKE SURE IT IS A LEGIT SITE YOU ARE GETTING DRIVERS FROM. MOST IF NOT ALL HARDWARE DRIVERS ARE FREE, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY.)
Now that you have done that and have drivers installed go ahead and try sims and it should work!

Thanks for taking the time to go ahead and read my thread!

CM - If the steps above do not assist, check out this post (that is toward the end of this thread) with some additional steps!

Message 34 of 98 (255,307 Views)

Accepted Solution

[SOLUTION] Fix for no sound in Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If your Sims 4 has no sound but your computer still has sound on other games and will work at all other times your in luck because my dad just fixed mine.

Here is your fix for the no sound issue in Sims4 My Dad just fixed it for me.

Close the game then Go to Your "Documents", Then Go to "Electronic Arts", Then Go to "The Sims 4", Then go to "Options" and delete the file, Next go to "config" and delete that, Lastly load up Sims 4 and your volume will work. If it cuts out them go on to the next fix below. My Dad said your welcome keep gaming and play on.

Here's another fix that can work if the Config and options file reapears in the documents folder and sound cuts out even though you have current sound drivers thanks Origin.

I'm the Dad. Play on players :manlol:

First Hover your mouse to the right corner of the bottom of the screen on that tiny speaker icon, then press right click and open playback devices and then scroll to the speakers with a green sigh on it icon. Then select advanced and be sure that the two options are selected: allow application to take control of this device and give exclusive mode applications priority. Now the last step is to lower or raise the Bits and Hz sound quality frequencies and click apply then try and start the game. Up (test) or down (test) freq adjustment until the sound stays on. This should fix it. My dad made a tuorial for this online but EA wont allow me to link to it. This should be your fix since you have sound at the flash screen then it cuts off. Remember lower the frequencey or raise it until the sound stays. He raised my frequency to 24Bit 48,000hz and my sound stayed on from the start till finish everyday since.

View in thread

Message 1 of 98 (293,937 Views)

All Replies

[SOLUTION] Fix for no sound in Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If your Sims 4 has no sound but your computer still has sound on other games and will work at all other times your in luck because my dad just fixed mine.

Here is your fix for the no sound issue in Sims4 My Dad just fixed it for me.

Close the game then Go to Your "Documents", Then Go to "Electronic Arts", Then Go to "The Sims 4", Then go to "Options" and delete the file, Next go to "config" and delete that, Lastly load up Sims 4 and your volume will work. If it cuts out them go on to the next fix below. My Dad said your welcome keep gaming and play on.

Here's another fix that can work if the Config and options file reapears in the documents folder and sound cuts out even though you have current sound drivers thanks Origin.

I'm the Dad. Play on players :manlol:

First Hover your mouse to the right corner of the bottom of the screen on that tiny speaker icon, then press right click and open playback devices and then scroll to the speakers with a green sigh on it icon. Then select advanced and be sure that the two options are selected: allow application to take control of this device and give exclusive mode applications priority. Now the last step is to lower or raise the Bits and Hz sound quality frequencies and click apply then try and start the game. Up (test) or down (test) freq adjustment until the sound stays on. This should fix it. My dad made a tuorial for this online but EA wont allow me to link to it. This should be your fix since you have sound at the flash screen then it cuts off. Remember lower the frequencey or raise it until the sound stays. He raised my frequency to 24Bit 48,000hz and my sound stayed on from the start till finish everyday since.

Message 1 of 98 (293,938 Views)

Hero

Thanks for posting that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 98 (293,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Glad to do it i know the struggle I've been there. Play on players

Message 3 of 98 (293,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was so helpful. Thank you!!

Message 4 of 98 (293,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

LOL thanks so much! My dad actually couldn't figure it out, the first answer ended up working for me. Deleted those two files and everything is fine again! Would never have figured that out on my own! THANKS Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 98 (292,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH...AND UR DAD

i thought for a sec that i broke my brothers speakers but i think you just saved me life :D

Message 6 of 98 (291,845 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for sharing it fixed my sims4:womanhappy:

Message 7 of 98 (291,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fixed my sound (thank you for that part) but did delete all of my saved families, houses and EVERYTHING. But don't worry as I put the file back and everything went back to normal (although it did give me a heart attack). Disappointed

Message 8 of 98 (289,111 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The first fix works for a bit but then the files always come back and the sound always eventually disappears again. The second fix doesn't seem to apply to my computer (laptop Windows 10) as I don't have those options when I click on the little speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner. Could it be something else or is there another way to fix this issue? I'm getting so frustrated. 

Message 9 of 98 (286,167 Views)