[SOLUTION] Sim 4 Initialization error at start up OR Sims 4 is Already Running

by DemolitionsTech

Original Post

Re: [SOLUTION] Sim 4 Initialization error at start up OR Sims 4 is Already Runni

★★★ Newbie

Oh my god thank you so much I got this game when it was free on origin then I played it for a while and updated my computer and the game wouldn’t run anymore so I deleted origins then installed it back in and all of those thing didn’t work until I came across your comment thank you so much☺️☺️

Message 21 of 31 (2,895 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] Sim 4 Initialization error at start up OR Sims 4 is Already Runni

★★★ Newbie

I tried this and it didn't work, I'm not sure what to do because I've already uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice. I keep getting the same error message and I'm not sure what to do about it anymore.

Message 22 of 31 (2,697 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@NotoriousSpring1   Do you get the same error message as the first post in this thread?

Please rename your user folder located in Documents>Electronic Arts to The Sims 4backup. Your saves etc will be safe in the renamed folder. More info about it here:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Then please try all of the advises here:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup/

When you launch the game it will create a new empty user folder. Don't move back any of your old files to it, but see if it works first.

Message 23 of 31 (2,669 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 24 of 31 (2,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much <3

Message 25 of 31 (2,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I searched for the TS4.exe but I cannot find it! Now my game can't open and I don't know what to do. I've tried many times and this doesn't work

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 26 of 31 (2,567 Views)

Hero
@EvzGaming Are you on PC or Mac ? Where exactly are you looking for the file ? It may be named just TS4 or TS4_x64

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 31 (2,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have spent the last three hours trying to get it to load, and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 28 of 31 (2,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank u so much!

Even though this post was made 2 years ago! It still worked and and even though I reinstalled the sims twice 

It saved all my games!

You are a HERO

Message 29 of 31 (2,337 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks! You are my daughter's hero! 

I couldn't start  Sims 4, Nothing worked.

Then I found this thread and tried it and now it works! She is super happy. Thank you! 

Message 30 of 31 (2,317 Views)