Re: [SOLUTION] Saved with newer version/ Save Error 0/ Can't Build Walls

by EA_Zoe

Original Post

[SOLUTION] Save Error 0/ Can't Build Walls/Save no longer showing

[ Edited ]
Hero

Problem

This is a fairly common problem with the game and is usually caused by a corrupt auto save.

This problem has three symptoms

• I get the the following error message when trying to load a save game
    The saved game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed. Please update in order to safely load this saved game. --> FIXED
  • I get the following error message when I trying to save a game.
    The game failed to save. Error Code: 0.
  • In Build mode I can build exactly one thing at the time and walls are not visible
  • None of my saves are showing up and it's like I have to start a new game.

Once you have the bug, you can't do anything. Even a new game will have the same symptoms.

Solution

1. Close the game
  2. Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/cache
  3. Delete all the cache files.
  4. Move your saves folder to your desktop
  5. Start the game to create a new saves folder
  6. Your game should now be back in working order but your existing save games are also gone.
  7. Close your game.
  8. Try to put each save game from the folder on your desktop into the new one (one at the time) and see if any of them still work. The one with the name slot_00000001.save is the auto save and is most probably the culprit since they tend to corrupt when the game crashes.
  9. The game keeps the last few saves you make, so you can also try to see if those still work. Here's instructions how to recover them: How do I restore a backup ?

How to prevent

This issue is most often caused by a corrupt auto-save (slot_00000001.save). Because of this, I recommend to not rely on it. When the game crashes, it likes to corrupt.

First thing you do after starting a new game is save it under a new name so it's saved to another slot. Save on a regular basis. Use save as and not save to have multiple saves you can go back to.

Also backup your saves folder after every play session to an external drive or just a different space on your hard drive.

Source: Save game was saved with an earlier version

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 2 (126,377 Views)

Re: [SOLUTION] Saved with newer version/ Save Error 0/ Can't Build Walls

Community Manager (retired)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Please check what version of the game is currently installed on your computer.

You will find this information by looking at the bottom left of the main menu (on the latest build) or running the “version” cheat (on older versions).  The current version is 1.12.118.1020.

If you are running an older version, please update your game via Origin.

Message 2 of 2 (108,890 Views)