Re: SIms 4 trial ended early?

by kusurusu

Original Post

SIms 4 trial ended early?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Idk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? Trial ended
What do you expect to see? It last for 16 hours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I downloaded the Sims 4 Trial yesterday, I think when downloading I was pretty sure it said it'd be a 48 hour trial, but upon actually downloading it said it would be a 16 hour trial.

But I open up my game today the Sims says I have played 4-5 hours and saying something like 'You're just getting started!"? So the game itself seemed to recognize I've only played a few hours.
Next thing I know a few minutes later it's telling me my trial is up and I need to save and exit? 

My computer was put into sleep mode while the game was still up. So I guess that could've been the problem? (Seems a bit unfair.)

But then I actually went to the thumbnail for the Sims 4 in Origin, I click on it and it says I've played the game "29 hours" and that is impossible, because I didn't I start playing the game until somewhere between 6-9pm last night (And I stopped playing around 1am), it is now 2pm next day, so I fail to see how 29 hours has passed by since I started playing. (Or how it would even consider that possible on a trial that's only for 16 hours.)

Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Re: SIms 4 trial ended early?

★ Pro

Timer runs down as soon as you start your game for the first time and won't stop even if you close game/origin.

"29 hours" as shown by Origin probably includes time spent on the CAS demo.

Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)