SIms 4 CAS demo creations gone?????

by JumbleSim

Original Post

Re: SIms 4 creations gone?????

★ Novice

I copied the contents of the demo's Tray folder into the same one for the main game. No files were overwritten.

The demo is still on my computer and it loads just fine.

I have also tried renaming the root demo folder so that the main game would read from it instead, but the same result of freezing during load.

I suppose the worst case scenario would be to find and download all the households that I grabbed from the gallery while using the main game and attempt to remake the few households I did create myself. Obviously it'd be tedious and something I'd rather avoid if possible, but an option nonetheless.

The only worrisome aspect of not solving this is if this means I can't side load custom content.

Message 11 of 13 (261 Views)

Hero

If the demo works, you can just uploade them to the gallery, and then re-download into your game.

Then delete from the gallery

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 13 (258 Views)

★ Novice

So, I was redownloading things from the gallery, got about halfway through. Decided to restart the game, and the same issue of hanging on the loading screen occurs.

Looking on the forums, I'm not the only one having issues: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/First-Loading-Screen-Hangs-self-solved/m-p/3435595#U3435595

Following their "solution", I disconnected my computer from my network, Origin went into offline mode, and then started the game. Amazingly, the game started up instantly and I could see all the downloaded content in the local gallery.

Closed the game, reconnected to the network, had Origin go online, and started the game. Fails to load to the menu, hangs on loading screen.

Clearly, there is an issue regarding downloaded content on load while the game is in online mode.

What do you need from me to help pinpoint the issue and fix it so that I can run the game online?

Message 13 of 13 (229 Views)