SIms 3 on Windows 10

by ashleyrain1128

Original Post

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

★★ Novice

Hello

I beg to differ - I am using Win10, I BOUGHT and downloaded Sims 3 and Simes Late Night, and although both apparently downloaded okay, I cannot launch Sims 3. I can access Sims 3 game launcher but that's it - this is seemingly a waste of money and I have no idea how I might get my money back.

Message 51 of 71 (2,243 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TJohn48 TS3 runs under Windows 10 but there are some changes from previous versions of Windows. TS3 MUST be run under Origin with Windows 10. Your game MUST be version 1.69 or later (I don't think there is a later version right now). This is not because of the game - this is because Windows 10 does NOT support the DRM used in TS3 when it was released. The game update to version 1.69 will REMOVE the DRM. It seems the game requires .net framework 3.5. This is now included in Windows 10 but needs to be enabled in a new install of Windows 10. The fact that windows 10 does NOT support SecuROM (a rootkit) is welcome as it left security holes and there is no longer an installation limit. Windows 10 no longer supports SafeDisc - you no longer need a disc in the drive to play the game. Windows 10 has had some issues with video drivers - I always check to make sure I have the latest and greatest when I encounter a new operating system - it's just sop. I have encountered an audio driver called Nahimic (this is software that is adding effects to the audio driver) that is crashing Windows 10 systems - at least every one I've seen. All you have to do is disable this software and the game will run. My TS3 is installed on win 10 w/o any compatibility modes. I did have to add my GTX 960 video card into the .sgr files so the game recognized my video card. I upgraded the card after I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro so I knew I would have the issue.

As this is an open public forum accounts can not be accessed here. You need to contact EA customer support  for any account issues and/or refunds.

Message 52 of 71 (2,232 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your profound reply, most of which I didn't understand Standard smile  I somehow ran a program which (supposedly) told me what I needed to upgrade on my notebook to run Sims (3 or 4, don't remember which).  I should install a new driver at least and that MAY enable me to run the game.

Although the Sims series is quite intriguing, I don't think it's worth all the hassle.  I chatted with EA's C/S and they were kind enough to refund my money.

I'll get over it Standard smile

Thanks for your kind help, Roberta Standard smile  I will now go to your 2nd message Standard smile

Message 53 of 71 (2,227 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes

Message 54 of 71 (2,173 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MaryLPB yes what? A little more information would be helpful.

Message 55 of 71 (2,168 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on Windows 10

★★ Novice

If you want to play with all of your expansion packs, just open the game launcher, go into "expansions and stuff" and select all the expansion packs. then press play

Message 56 of 71 (2,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am running windows 10 and my sims 3 games work but so far only if they are maxis and EA 

Message 57 of 71 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i was running windows XP and now windows10 and I still can't run my sims 3 EA games. I cant get them to run with Origin. Please help

Message 58 of 71 (1,882 Views)

★★ Novice
How dobi stop sims 3 crashing on Windows 10
Message 59 of 71 (1,750 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How do you use compatibility mode? 

Sims 3 & Medieval won't work on Windows 10 at all for me. The both crash during launch.

Message 60 of 71 (1,744 Views)