SIMS NOT RESPONDING TO COMMAND PROMPS

by caitybea907

Original Post

Re: SIMS NOT RESPONDING TO COMMAND PROMPS

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

It doesn't sound save game related but maybe I can duplicate what you are seeing.

Did you only repair GT or the whole game ? Have you ever reinstalled the entire game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 17 (1,032 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I had the same problem as you and already opened a thread about this here with no conclusive results. Unfortunately don't exist some fix but I figured out some conditions to this happens.

1º - Lots bigger than 40x30
2º - If you play with four or more Sims in the same time
3º - Excess of consumable/usable items inside the lot like plants, rocks or something.
4º - Lots with much water or lights with differents colors.

Try to see if these are some of your conditions. Maybe we can get any fix for it. Wink

Message 12 of 17 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been playing the smaller lots with one or two sims. Not a whole lot of usable items like plants or anything.

It started doing this after the December update.

When I click somewhere for my sim to walk to it gives an option to "Return to hospital" and when I click it nothing happens.

Before the December update one of my sims had a baby and was at the hospital, I had done a normal save and exit and a day later or so I updated and started a new family and suddenly commands wouldn't work well.

My family that had the baby before the update, they had left the hospital and gone home and played like normal.

The only expansion pack that I have is get to work and the christmas stuff. I wonder if its the christmas stuff?

Message 13 of 17 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try to do this. I did the latest update and havent had time to play yet.

Message 14 of 17 (994 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is a video of some game play.

You can see that I'm clicking on things to give a command and she doesn't do anything. (I have no idea how to make videos soo yes it sucks)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r04jy2zg5o6infy/Video-4.avi?dl=0

Message 15 of 17 (986 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I have this exact problem too! They're getting so bugged out. No CC here!!! I'm thankful it's not my PC, as I have a gaming PC.

Message 16 of 17 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

He means before you apply your Save folder to the game, is it still buggy. Sounds like none of that is fixing it though and you just have to play on smaller lots with less stuff until they patch it. It's not a performance issue because I have a fairly high performing machine.

Message 17 of 17 (787 Views)