SIMS NOT RESPONDING TO COMMAND PROMPS

by caitybea907

Original Post

SIMS NOT RESPONDING TO COMMAND PROMPS

★★★ Novice

Since the December update my sims are not responding to most command promps. They can't eat. They can't sleep they can't do anything but stand there. I've reported this bug MULTIPLE TIMES with no response. I have found no other posts so far that are mentioning the same problems. I don't know how to fix it. I haven't been able to play since December. EA has not replied, origin has not replied. I've sent them horribly nasty notes.

What the hell you worthless piece of * EA support team. I * hate you. FIX MY * GAME!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 17 (11,097 Views)

Re: SIMS NOT RESPONDING TO COMMAND PROMPS

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 17 (11,057 Views)

Hero (Retired)

First this is NOT EA support. This is an open forum for users by users. I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA.

In December there were 2 patches. One of the patches was the 64 bit patch. If your computer is not configured correctly this could affect the game performance. Most of the time this kind of problem is caused by a mod that is out of date. I repeat there were 2 patches in December. First guess is something is interfering with the game and first thing to look at are mods. Is your computer a pc or Mac?

Message 3 of 17 (11,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Wasn't saying this was EA support. I'm not stupid.

No Custom content on my game. I've barely played it at all.

I've done all the updates.

PC

Message 4 of 17 (11,047 Views)

@caitybea907 I moved your post to the bug forum, I think there is a bug that is causing this, but I can't seem to find it. But Crin probably knows, and if it isn't a bug, I'll probably see you back in the general forum. Standard smile

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 17 (11,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Aso, you had answers in ALL your threads. You just never posted back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (11,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will try this later today (when Im off work) Thanks! I'll keep you posted.

Message 7 of 17 (11,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game is still not working. I reset everything, I deleted EVERYTHING, I repaired Get To Work multiple times.

Nothing is working, game is fully up to date. No mods at all.

When I give my sim the command to brush teeth she does it right were she's standing... the arm glitches behind her. Same thing with wash hands. Sim is not responding to eating sleeping sitting napping. She can't harvest anything, or even call for pizza. When given the command to take a selfie it either doesn't work or it glitches to her crotch. (real classy)

I've reported to EA countless times. Nothing is working to fix this glitch.

Message 8 of 17 (10,985 Views)

Hero

Did you try on a fresh game as well ?

Does that not work either ? Just for testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (10,981 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, made a brand new character and started fresh, I even tried using a sim that was already in the neighborhood. I forget which one it was.

Message 10 of 17 (10,978 Views)