SIMS 4 lagging really bad!

by gnarlycami

Original Post

SIMS 4 lagging really bad!

★★ Novice

I have the SIMS 4 version : 1.51.77.1220

For the first time ever, I used a mod while playing the sim. However, since I did not really know how to use it, i automatically deleted it from the mods folder. Ever since, my game is lagging like crazy! I have deleted the origin application and downloaded it again yet that does not work. Is there any way my game can go back to normal speed? 

Message 1 of 5 (1,042 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 lagging really bad!

@gnarlycami  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,022 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

If you've downloaded a mod, saw the game lag, then saw the game continue to lag thereafter, it might be that you need to clear out a file that attempts to look for the mod you installed previously.

Make sure your game is not running when performing these steps:

1: Go to your Sims 4 directory: (It's usually in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4)

2: Check for the Mods folder within it; make sure nothing is in the Mods folder. (If there's mods in there, move the Mods into a separate folder on your desktop before proceeding.)

3: Back in The Sims 4 folder, look for the file localthumbcache.package. Delete it.

4: Re-open Sims 4, and check your game's performance.

Deleting the localthumbcache.package file clears out the game's attempts to load mods previously accessed in your game file. Hopefully this helps.

- B

Message 3 of 5 (1,007 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. Under mods the only document/file that shows up is "resource.cfg." Do I delete that one ?

Message 4 of 5 (962 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@gnarlycami

You could move the entire mods folder to the desktop. The game will always create a new empty the same folder in its place together with the new resource.cfg file after switching on - this is more convenient.
But if you have already done it in a different way then leave it and this file has to stay.
Then follow the instructions given above - delete localthumbcache.package file - important!
And fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
If your game after repair and without mods works, first, check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder.
First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method.
You have to find the culprits and delete or replace them with updated versions.

Message 5 of 5 (937 Views)