Re: SIMS 4 Won't Open!

by misskittycat007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4 Won't Open!

★ Novice

Hi 

im not sure if its the game or my laptop but i have been unable to open my game from all options  i can think of.

all i am getting is a tiny window that cant be maximized only minimized and closed and when i closes it is says sims 4 is not responding i also tried  to open the sims 4 CAS and it did the same thing im also currently uninstalled the game and im re installing it but im wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it would be my PC i did a check online to see if i could run the game and it was fine and i had been playing it up until this month just fine thanks 

Message 1 of 7 (493 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

How long has it been doing this? I know there was an Origin update recently, and The Sims 4 doesn't always like that. Try manually uninstalling and reinstalling Origin: help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/. After the reinstall, try repairing the game and launching again.

All else fails, remove The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronics Arts and try again. It could be some corrupt data.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (490 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

How long has it been doing this? I know there was an Origin update recently, and The Sims 4 doesn't always like that. Try manually uninstalling and reinstalling Origin: help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/. After the reinstall, try repairing the game and launching again.

All else fails, remove The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronics Arts and try again. It could be some corrupt data.

Message 2 of 7 (491 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks for the reply I will try that has be about a month since I have played but only this week that I tryed to play it
Message 3 of 7 (479 Views)

★ Novice
CitrusViking thanks I Uninstalled orgin and re installed it now I have my game back thanks so much Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm glad it worked out for you! Standard smile If possible, do you think you can mark my response above as a solution? It will help other users who might be having the same problem.

Message 5 of 7 (473 Views)

★ Novice
Lol took me forever to figure out how to do tht but done thanks again Standard smile
Message 6 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Solved this by turning off origin in game. Right click the game, game properties, uncheck origin in game. Instant fix, happy daughter

Message 7 of 7 (438 Views)